Life & Health Insurance Agents
Professional Liability Coverage
DEPARTMENT OF LABOR’S NEW DEFINITION OF “FIDUCIARY” COULD AFFECT YOUR BUSINESS RISK
NEW! Target is now offering a policy endorsement that covers services rendered under the Department of Labor’s (DOL’s) recently expanded definition of a “fiduciary.”
The new “Fiduciary Services Endorsement” will parallel the DOL’s broader definition and cover insureds as fiduciaries when involved in the sales or servicing of:
Individuals and/or group plans for life, accident, health (including Blue Cross/Blue Shield Organizations) and disability income insurance or annuities;
variable products, including but not limited to variable annuities, flexible and scheduled premium annuities; variable life insurance; contracts providing for participation in life insurance
company separate investment accounts or life insurance company general investment accounts.
If you are a current customer and would like to add this endorsement to your existing policy, or if you’d like to include this coverage with a new policy,
please contact Rosalind Hodges at: 312-855-2043 or RHodges@TargetProIns.com.
This policy endorsement is automatically included when you apply for new coverage, or renew expiring coverage. In both cases, you will have an opportunity
to “opt out” if you do not wish to add this coverage to your policy.
More New Benefits -- At No Additional Premium
Effective 9/1/2017, all new and renewal policies will automatically include the following Supplementary Payments benefits:
● Regulatory Defense Expense Coverage
● Disciplinary Proceedings Reimbursement
● Defendants Reimbursement (Loss of Income)
For coverage details, see the policy endorsement.
Note that Supplementary Payments benefits will be included on new and renewal policies only (not available mid-term).
More reasons to place your coverage with Target:
1. In most states, your annual premium could be as low as $475 (plus taxes & fees) for
coverage limits of $250,000. (If needed, Prior Acts Coverage would be an additional cost.)
2. Coverage included for:
- Non-licensed support staff
- Property & Casualty sales up to 30% of revenue
- Fixed & variable annuity sales
3. A new, “Fiduciary Services Endorsement” covers services rendered under the Department of Labor’s newest
definition of “fiduciary.”
4. Prior Acts Coverage and Extended Reporting Periods are available (See Coverage Descriptions)
5. Coverage limits range from $250,000 to $1 million. Higher limits are available for Crump Life Producers
6. Deductible options from $1,000 up to $10,000.
7. Easy, online application and renewal process with immediate certification upon approval and receipt of premium.
8. Easy, online access to print additional certificates or request coverage changes.
9. VISA and MasterCard accepted.